Friday 5 June 2009

Mull, May 2008



Beauty and the Beast
You'll have to decide for yourself which one is which.

I spent four days on Mull with Dave and Helen, who paddle the feathercraft double. Conditions were amazing. On day one we paddled round Iona and found caves along the west coast.



Day two took us to the fossil tree on Ardmeanach.
Day three was a rest day for Helen and Dave. I set off for Staffa and the Treshnish Isles by myself. The day started beautifully calm as I left the Sound of Iona. Approaching Staffa small wavelets were forming and by the time I had had my lunch on Lunga the seas were picking up. The return journey was in a following sea and I managed no notch up a boat speed of 20km/hr on an enormous surf wave. This was one of my first solo paddling trips and a very memorable experience.









No comments:

Post a Comment