Sunday 20 February 2011

I won!

Here's me at the start...


Here's David ready to go...



And I got to the finish first in a time of 2hrs 12 minutes. My route was somewhat shorter than David's at 18.5km compared to his 23.7km and of course he had all the hills.

Here's my speed profile. The first bit is a touch variable as I was paddling upstream just where Windermere becomes the river Leven, trying desperately to stay out of the current. The first little blip is where I put my pogies on, and the second is when I realised that my footrests were not in the same place each side. Apart from that, there were no stops. The slightly faster bit in the middle is where I tried wash hanging a small power boat. It worked, but it was going just a little bit too fast for me and I couldn't keep it up for long.


1 comment:

  1. Of course you won - David is a gentleman!

    ReplyDelete